"One day last spring during a program at the farm, a little boy came up to me and said, 'This was the best day of my life.' I feel that way every time I volunteer at The Sylvia Center."Joan
Volunteers are an essential part of our team and the work that we do. Our volunteers are hard-working, enthusiastic, and passionate about building communities of healthy eaters. If this sounds like you, learn more about volunteer opportunities below:
- Assist at an NYC cooking class (2 hours/week for a 6-week commitment, year-round availability)
- Help out at a special event (learn about our events here)
- Come to one of our Volunteer Days at Katchkie Farm (May – Oct in Columbia County)
- Assist with our On-Farm programs for youth and teens at Katchkie Farm (May – Oct in Columbia County)
- Have your own idea? Let us know.