Chef Tatiana will show us how to make delicious vegetarian tacos using delicata squash as the main ingredient. Delicata squashes are currently in season during the fall season and are good sources of fiber, potassium, and vitamins A and C. To balance our tacos with a source of fat and protein, Chef Tatiana adds goat cheese and black beans. These ingredients will add great flavor to the tacos while keeping you full. Top off your taco with fresh cilantro and lime juice for a fresh burst of flavor.
Delicata Squash Tacos
4 to 6 tacos
1 small delicata squash
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can of refried black beans
4 to 6 tortillas
Minced cilantro leaves
1 lime cut into wedges
1 red jalapeño sliced thin
1 tsp Chipotle powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and place cut side down. Sliced them into ¼ thick half moon.
- Place the slices into a bowl and add olive oil, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well coated.
- Spread out onto a sheet tray. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up the black beans and tortillas.
- Assemble taco with a spoonful of black beans and top with a few pieces of squash, a bit of crumbled goat cheese, cilantro, and sliced red jalapeño.