This is one of our favorite recipes from our family class series, Cooking Together. Perfect for a fast, affordable and easy weeknight dinner. Our students love it with tomatillo salsa.
3 tablespoons lime juice, divided in half
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 ½ lbs. tilapia filets
½ bunch of radishes
3 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
3 scallions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
1/3 cup sour cream
½ teaspoon cayenne
12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine one tablespoon of lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place fish in baking dish and pour mixture over fish. Allow fish to marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine radishes, cabbage, scallions, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cayenne, remaining lime juice and salt. Pour mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Once fish has marinated, place baking dish in oven and cook fish 5-7 minutes until the flesh is opaque and firm.
- Heat tortillas on skillet or on spread evenly on baking sheet, and place in oven for two minutes.
- Divide fish evenly among tortillas and top with radish and cabbage mixture.