Learn how to make a nutritious and creamy avocado lemon dressing and kale salad! Avocado is a great source of healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. Both kale and avocado are great sources of vitamin E, and lemon contains vitamin C. Chef Shaquay tops her salad with pumpkin seeds for an extra crunch. Pumpkin seeds also have omega-3 and 6 fatty acids. Fuel your body with this delicious and nutrient-packed dish.
Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing
Cooking Equipment Needed:
1 bunch, Lacinato Kale- washed and dried
1 bunch, Red Radishes
2 tablespoons, Pumpkin Seeds- toasted
½ each, Avocado- peeled & pitted
½ clove, Garlic- peeled
2 tablespoons, Lemon Juice
¾ cup, Water
¼ cup, Vegetable Oil
2 teaspoons, Maple Syrup (or Agave, Honey)
Salt & Ground Black Pepper- to taste
- In a blender- combine all of the ingredients for the Avocado Dressing. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- With cleaned Kale leaves- remove the middle stem from each leaf. Roll up leaves and cut into ¼ inch pieces. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the tops and ends of the radish. Cut each radish in half and slice making ½ moons. Place in the mixing bowl.
- Pour half of the dressing into kale and radishes and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve- bowl up salad and spoon over additional dressing if desired. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top for garnish.