Chef Tatiana will be showing us how to put together the perfect balanced lunchbox complete with homemade broccoli and mushroom frittata! The frittata is made with eggs, broccoli, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese, and then baked inside a muffin tray. It makes a great addition to the lunchbox and adds a source of protein and healthy fats. The rest of the lunchbox can be filled with an assortment of your favorite fruits and veggies! For this lunchbox, Chef Tatiana added cherry tomatoes, carrots, celery, and hummus to create a balanced meal for lunch.
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
Salt and pepper to taste
6 large eggs
½ cup grated Parmigiano
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water and cover.
- Cook over moderate heat until the broccoli and the mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes more, and let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper and stir in the broccoli and mushroom mixture.
- Lightly coat with oil four molds of your muffin pan. Pour the egg mixture in the muffin pan and sprinkle with the cheese, transfer to the oven. Bake the frittatas until the center is just set, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.