Adapted from the NYTimes
Yields about two dozen bars
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups oats
½ cup honey
⅓ cup maple syrup
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cups dried apricots, cut into small pieces
¾ cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush parchment with oil.
- Spread oats evenly over another baking sheet. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Combine honey, maple syrup, brown sugar and salt in saucepan. Stir mixture over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture over oats, fruit and cinnamon. Toss to coat. Spread mixture evenly on parchment lined baking sheet. Press mixture into pan with spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into 2 inch x 3 inch bars.