Thanks Ashley for making a step-by-step video on how to make a quick omelette in a mug! This recipe is great for anyone who is on the go and has minimal time for breakfast. All you need are: eggs, milk, whatever veggies you have on hand, cooking spray, and a microwaveable mug. Beat all ingredients into a mug, microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, and microwave again for 1 minute. With only 2 minutes of cooking time this is the easiest way to get a protein and veggie packed breakfast on the go. Switch up the veggies inside the omelette to add a variety of vitamins to your morning!
Omelette in a Mug
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons of choice of milk or plant-based milk
2 tablespoons of thinly sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons of diced bell pepper
2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
Can also use whatever vegetables, herbs, cheese, or deli meat on hand. Vegetables can be raw or cooked.
- Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Lightly mix in remaining ingredients.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove the mug, stir, and microwave for an additional 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve