Pickled strawberries with apple cider vinegar and ginger is a unique recipe. All you will need to do is prepare the strawberries by cutting into quarters and place them into a jar. To make the pickling liquid, add two slices of ginger, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Once it boils, pour over the strawberries, add the lid and store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Tip: Wait at least 1 day before eating your pickled berries to get the best flavor.
Makes 1 Cup
1 cup Strawberries- hulled and cut in quarters
2 each Ginger, 2 ¼ inch slices
½ cup Water
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 ½ tablespoon Sugar
Pinch of Salt
- Place quartered strawberries in a clean glass jar.
- In a small saucepan heat water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and ginger slices. Whisk in sugar to help dissolve and let mixture come to a boil.
- Once the mixture has come to a boil, take off heat and carefully pour liquid into the glass jar on top of strawberries.
- Make sure all of the strawberries are completely submerged into the liquid. Seal tightly with lid.
- When the jar has come down to room temperature, store in the refrigerator for up to a month.