As made in the video. Makes 1 bowl*
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Rolled oats (aka Old Fashioned)
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried cranberries
- 1/4 + 1/4 teaspoons Cinnamon (you will use the cinnamon twice)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Large saute pan (if toasting the oats)
- Large bowl
- Cereal bowl
- Regular spoons
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Chop the walnuts
- Cut the apple into quarters. Take 1 of the quarters and slice, then dice it. Put the rest in the fridge or snack on it!
- Peel and cut off about 1/3 of the banana. Take that piece and make thin horizontal slices (so they come out like round discs). Set them aside for later.
- In a small bowl, add the apple dices, chopped walnuts, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Add the chia seeds, pepitas, and cranberries.
- Add the yogurt to the bowl and mix everything together with a spoon. Set aside.
- Put the sauté pan over low heat. Cover the bottom of the pan with the oats. Toast for about 3-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown and toast-y smelling.
- Take pan off of heat as soon as oats are done and pour into a large bowl to avoid burning.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of the oats and pour into yogurt mixture. Add the other 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and the bananas and stir it up before eating.
* You can easily make this for more people if you double/ triple / quadruple etc. the recipe and use the whole fruit
** See the attached doc for other ingredient suggestions
Muesli Ingredient Suggestions
Dairy yogurt, preferably plain unsweetened
Plant-based yogurt, such as almond, soy, coconut
½ can coconut milk
Plant-based milk, pref. unsweetened
Rolled oats (aka Old Fashioned) – toasting optional
Whole grain flake cereal, such as bran flakes
Sesame – toasted or untoasted
Flaxseeds (aka linseed)
Sunflower – pref. unsalted, raw
Pumpkin (aka pepitas) – pref. unsalted, raw
Nuts – pref. unsalted, raw
Berries, fresh or frozen, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
Raisins – regular or golden
Cranberries – check sugar and oil content
Shredded or flake coconut – unsweetened if possible
Spices & Seasonings
Cocoa powder – pref. unsweetened
Sweetener – optional, if using an unsweetened yogurt (but taste it first as-is!)
Drizzle of honey or maple syrup
Dash of turbinado sugar (aka natural, raw sugar) or brown sugar