This flatbread is super tasty and easy to make! The dough has yogurt added to it to give it moisture as well as added protein. The best part about this recipe is that you don’t need to use the oven, it can be cooked on the stove. Remember to brush the dough with garlic butter before cooking to give it amazing flavor!
Makes four 6-inch flatbreads
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves of garlic
- First, make the garlic butter: Peel and mince the garlic, and add it to the saucepan along with the butter. Heat over medium low heat while you make the dough.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix to combine. Add ¼ cup of yogurt (you may not need the full ½ cup amount). Use a spoon to mix until the dough starts to come together. Add yogurt if it seems dry, or a spoonful of flour if it’s sticky.
- On a very clean surface, knead by hand until the dough forms a smooth ball, which takes around 5 minutes. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, dust your work surface with some flour, and cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into 6-inch circles.
- Preheat your pan over medium high heat. Brush one side of a dough circle with the garlic butter, and place into the pan, butter side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bubbles on the underside have browned. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the pan, and keep warm in a clean kitchen towel while you cook the remaining dough. Serve right away or at room temperature.