Have you ever thought of making your own baby food? This recipe is great for babies ages 6-8 months. It includes a dash of cinnamon to introduce a new flavor and compliments the apples. We are cooking peaches by boiling, blanching, and then peeling the skin off. Once the peaches and potatoes are finished cooking, add the cinnamon and blend. It is simple, yet a great way to give your baby fresh fruits and vegetables.
Sweet Potato Peach Purée
Cooking Equipment Needed:
Large Slotted Spoon
2 Peaches, whole
1 Sweet Potato, washed
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Put about 2 quarts of water on the stove to boil. In a mixing bowl put in about 10-15 ice cubes and a quart of water to make an ice bath.
- With a knife, cut an X through the skin on the bottom of the peaches.
- Once water has come to a boil, place peaches in the pot for 45 seconds. Remove and place in an ice bath.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into ¼ inches. Add diced potatoes to the boiling water you removed the peaches from. Let boil/cook until tender.
- Take peaches out of the ice bath. Using the skin at the X incision as a starting point peel skin from flesh. Once peeled, take out seeds and chop into pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from water and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reserve ½ to 1 cup of cooking water.
- In a blender add sweet potatoes, peaches and cinnamon. Puree and slowly add reserved cooking liquid until it reaches desired consistency.