Chef Tatiana will be showing us a fried rice recipe using winter vegetables. In this recipe, Chef Tatiana is using broccoli, cabbage, and carrots. This is a great way to use up any leftover veggies you may have in the fridge. She also is using a mixture of rice and quinoa. Quinoa will add an extra boost of both protein and fiber to this dish.
Winter Vegetable Fried Rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoons ginger, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup purple cabbage, roughly chopped
1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
2 cups kale, chopped
3 eggs, lightly whisked
5 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 cups cooked brown rice, cold
3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add broccoli and cabbage and saute until they become tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add kale and sauté for another 1-2 minutes, or until kale has wilted.
- Make a hole in the middle of the pan by pushing veggies to the sides of pan and add eggs. Scramble eggs and then fold in with the veggies.
- Add rice to the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the rice and vegetables evenly and stir until soy sauce is evenly coated. Add sesame oil and fold in scallions. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.