This is a fresh and vibrant salad to enjoy during the hot summer that will provide you with an array of vitamins and minerals. The dressing has both sweet and savory notes, as well as some tang from the lime. The cashews add a delicious creaminess to the dressing while providing healthy fats and protein to keep you full. Try slicing the zucchini into zoodles to make it extra fun to eat! Complete the dish by topping it with fresh herbs like mint and basil right before serving for a pop of extra flavor.
Tip: The veggies used in this recipe are in season and will taste extra delicious!
Zucchini Salad with Cashew Dressing
Cooking Equipment Needed
Vegetable Spiralizer (optional)
2 medium size, Zucchini
1 each, Red Bell Pepper
3 each, Carrots
½ bunch, Radish
¼ cup, Mint Leaves
¼ cup, Basil Leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon, Sesame Seed (optional)
⅓ cup, Roasted Whole Cashews
½ teaspoon, Ginger- peeled & minced
½ clove, Garlic- peeled
Juice of 1 Lime
1 teaspoon, Sesame Oil
2 teaspoons, Maple Syrup ( or Honey, Agave)
¼ cup, Vegetable Oil
½ cup, Water
- In a blender, combine all ingredients for the dressing. Puree until it is a smooth and creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Peel and take off the ends of carrots. Using the peeler, make ribbon-like strips with the carrots. Put into the mixing bowl.
- Cut off the ends of the radishes. Cut lengthwise in half then proceed to slice making ½ moon shapes. Place into the mixing bowl.
- With the red bell pepper, take out the seeds and white membrane. Julienne into strips. Place into the mixing bowl.
- Chiffonade the basil and mint leaves. Set aside until time to serve.
- Season raw vegetables with salt and back pepper. Add at least half of the cashew dressing and toss with the basil and mint leaves. Add more dressing if desired.
- To serve- place salad into a bowl. To garnish, sprinkle the top with sesame seeds and extra chopped basil and mint.