Enjoy this seasonal parfait for breakfast, a midday snack, or dessert! Honey is a natural sugar, so not only does it serve as a sweetener in this recipe, it’s also a wonderful source of energy. Combining the honey, with protein-rich yogurt, fiber-filled oats, and fresh fruit makes for a healthy and filling treat.
Let us know if you try this at home + tag us @sylviacenter!
Prep Time: 40 min | Serves 4
2 lb tart apples such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady, cored, cut into ½-inch chunks
1 ½ Tbsp water
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp brown sugar (or 1 Tbsp honey)
1 pint thick yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt)
1 Tbsp honey
8-12 berries of your choice
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the apple pieces and water, and stir over a medium-high heat until the mixture starts bubbling. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Cook the apple pieces, stirring often, until the apples have cooked down but still have some texture, around 15-20 minutes. If the mixture dries out, add a tsp of water and stir well.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt, and stir until combined. Cover and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, and once it starts to ripple and look shiny, add the oats, brown sugar and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, or until well combined, and the oats start to become crispy but not burned. Remove from heat and allow to cool. If you use honey, the oats will not become as crispy as with brown sugar.
- In a parfait glass or jar, spoon 2 Tbsp of yogurt into the bottom. Add 2 Tbsp of the compote, followed by yogurt. Repeat and end with compote on top. Top with a drizzle of honey, the toasted oats and 2-3 berries of your choice.