This quick and easy stir fried rice recipe is a great way to include a variety of different vegetables into your meal. It gives you all of the nutrients that you need in a balanced plate: protein, whole grains, veggies, and healthy fat to leave your body feeling energized and healthy after eating!
Spring Fried Rice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon of ginger, minced, optional
2 carrots, peeled and diced
½ bunch asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
½ cup of frozen or fresh peas, optional
2 cups of pea shoots, chopped
5 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, optional
1 tablespoon of sesame oil, optional
2 cups brown rice
3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and salt and cook according to package.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and ginger. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook until vegetables become tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add peas and sauté for another 1-2 minutes and add spinach and sauté until it wilts.
- Whisk eggs together in small mixing bowl. Push vegetables to the left side of the pan and add eggs to the right side of the pan. Scramble the eggs using half of the pan, and when they are cooked, fold them in with the vegetables.
- Push the eggs and vegetables to one side of the pan, add the sesame oil to the open half, and add the rice. Stir fry until the rice is hot, then add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and scallions. Mix to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.