Chef Sarah shares a video on how to make a quick and easy dipping sauce made with soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Add any other ingredients that you love, whisk, garnish with chives and you are done! This sauce can be paired with veggies, fritters, or dumplings!
Zucchini Fritters with Soy Dipping Sauce
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 large zucchini grated
1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons flour
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sriracha or chili paste (optional)
- Grate the zucchini, toss with a pinch of salt in a colander to drain the excess moisture. Let it sit for a few minutes, then squeeze out any extra liquid you can.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy dipping sauce and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini with scallions, flour, egg and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil once the pan is hot. Add about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture to the pan and gently spread out to form circles.
- Flip the pancake once it has browned on the bottom (about 2-3 minutes) and cook for additional minute or two on the other side. Continue until all of the pancake mixture is gone.
- Serve with extra scallions on top and the soy dipping sauce.