Grilled Spring Onions
Yield 4 servings
2 bunches spring onions, washed and trimmed. (Onions can be halved)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 Lemon, washed
- Preheat the grill, grill pan, or griddle to medium high heat.
- Brush trimmed and cleaned onions with olive oil. If splitting onions lengthwise, brush each side with olive oil.
- When the heat is radiating off of the grill (there will be a bit of a hazy appearance right above the surface) Add spring onions to the grill. If split, place the cut side down first.
- Allow to cook for 6-10 minutes, flip only once. Cook until fork tender.
- While the onions cook, cut the lemon into four wedges.
- Remove from the grill. Add salt and pepper to your personal liking.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Can be enjoyed alone or added to a nice crisp salad.